Launch of the 5th round of Small Grant Awards 2020/21
14 November 2019 marks the opening of the submission window for applications to the 2020/21 Small Grants process. The application period closes on 16 January 2020 and award decisions will be made by N8 PRP Steering Group in late March 2020. The purpose of the Small Grant Awards is to provide pump-priming funds to support research into targeted and important areas of policing work, where the gaps in knowledge are most prominent and where research benefits are of greatest value.
Submissions should showcase strong co-production in the development of a unique research proposal. We welcome jointly produced applications from teams of researchers and policing practitioners for funding of up to £25,000 for innovative research projects.
Findings reports from our previous Small Grant projects can be viewed on our website.
We are particularly keen to encourage applications that address one or more of the following:
- The theme of ‘Tackling knife crime – Police and multi agency responses to a headline problem’
- Aligned with one of the N8 PRP strand themes
- The challenges of emerging or new technologies
Applications should present original and innovative ideas for research co-production.
- Up to £25K per application
- Applications will be subject to rigorous internal and external review
- Projects commence May 2020
- Funding is available for up to 12 months
To make an application to the Small Grant Awards 2020/21 please read the guidance document below before completing an application form and submitting to Dr Jill Clark, queries can be submitted to the N8 PRP Project Manager – Steph Abraham